Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Guitar and a Haiku

The following exercises still deal with poetry. One craftily uses the image of a guitar for symbolism; the other follows the aural of the Japanese Haiku – having a 7-5-7 syllabic scheme.

------------

Guitar

Every time I touch you,
 it feels like “Champagne Supernova”.
Sound flows from my fingertips to my heart then up to my brain.
It feels like heaven.
Your reverb sets me free up the open sky to fly.
Every curve I feel, every scent I smell,
gives me happy nostalgia.
I did not see you for a while, so I fear that a part of you might warp.
Don’t worry;
I’ll take the risks of heavy waves,
heavy storms,
and heavy floods,
just to wipe you with soothing pleasure –
to make you feel that I exist.



----------

[untitled]

Splash me with dreams to conquer.
Reach it with courage.
My hopes cannot be broken.






----------
Joshua has now said goodbye to summer, and is now about to embark on his new adventure as a HS senior. Music remains his passion. He still plays the guitar, the drums, sings and writes his own songs.

No comments: