Saturday, August 7, 2010

Election and Brownies

In the two works featured below, the student was tasked to do paragraph writing. The first is an opinion essay regarding current events for which he had passionate feelings. The second is an enumeration of a procedural activity (food preparation), as part of the Language Experience Approach (LEA).

For the writing component, organization of thought is, at present, the primary thrust of this particular program. Although editing has already been introduced and is currently being practiced, a complete adherence to capitalization, punctuation, syntax and grammar rules is yet to be noted.

---------------

Philippines election

There are 3 facts that I know about the elections. The fist one is that Gloria Macapagal Arroyo is the president right now. Second is that the election is on the 10th of May. Last is that the winner of the election is the person who will get the most votes.

 There are 9 candidates in all that are running for president. The 3 most successful candidates are NoyNoy ,Villar and Gibo. To try to be elected candidates advertise them selves. They say bad things about people. They are also giving pictures of theme selves in the mail. More over, they are doing speeches on the radio and advertise them selves by making songs about them.

I think that NoyNoy is going to win the elections because his parents are considered heroes to the Philippines.

In my opinion too many people are going to die before the elections, and I feel that is very terrible. i would not like that the Philippines is in danger because of the president.

------------------

The Crunchy Delicious Brownies

I would like to make some brownies, therefore, I got a sheet of paper from my teacher that had all the ingredients on it. I needed half a cup of butter, a pack of butterscotch brownie mix, and two eggs. After, I got the baking materials and they were a bowl, spoon, an oven, and a baking pan. But, we also used plates and a knife to taste it. After that, we made the brownies. First, I put half a cup of butter in side the bowl. Second, I mixed it in until it was soft. Third, I cracked two eggs, into the bowl, and started mixing it together. Fourth, I put all of the butterscotch brownie mix inside the bowl, and started mixing. It was a bit hard. Fifth, I put it on a baking pan, and cooked it in an oven toaster for thirty to thirty five minutes. To check if it was cooked, I had to stick a toothpick into the brownies. If the brownies stuck to the toothpick, it wouldn’t be ready yet. Last, it looked so good I had to try it. I think the brownies where delicious I could do this any time at home.

-----------------
Simon is a 9 year-old French-Canadian boy whose family is currently based here in Manila. He is mainstreamed in a school where French is the medium of instruction, but is equally conversant in the English Language. He likes going fishing and playing the piano.

No comments: