Friday, May 14, 2010

Korean Experience

             For Patrick’s Written Language Development, his goals were to sequence events and to tell his story in a detailed manner. Last trimester, Patrick shared his experience from his recent trip in Korea. Patrick drew his answers first in a graphic organizer to help him remember events.  After that, he was asked to write about it in paragraph form, answering who, what, when, and why questions from every event to enrich his paragraph.

This written output is in its raw form and has not undergone any revisions. This work would be edited next program and would focus on organization of ideas and usage of signal words.


--------------------------------------------------
Korean Experience










My family and I including my parent’s friends went to South Korea. We were awake for 2 days because the day we were busy in preparing for the flight. The noodles there were very big and filled with vegetables. I can’t finish it. W hen we checked in the Kobos Hotel and got the key for our room, I directly jump into one of the beds and watched T.V. The next day, we went to the houses for kings and queens. After that, we checked the heaviest and strongest bell in Korea and see the broken down train. The next day we went to a museum for ancient artifacts and the Koreans past life. Then we returned to the palace again to walk and see it for the last time. Then we went to a street called “fashion street” because there were many clothes and food. The last day we went to a hotel that can only be found in the South. We went skiing in a small hill and not the big hill because it is very steep. When I went to the highest part of the hill, and started there as my first big ski and went down very fast. I got off balance, fell turn in the snow and my stuff fell of my hand, pocket and the others except the things sticking out of my feet. I fell 3 times until I can control my turn, stop and how to go fast. We had fun and it was worth it because of the skiing and the other places I went to. I would recommend going to Korea to my classmates because it can be fun and educational.  














------------------------------------------------------


Patrick is an incoming high school sophomore, who likes Japanese animation. Playing online games and listening to music are Patrick's interests as well. He is good in drawing and reads comics as a hobby. 

No comments: