Monday, April 28, 2008

Few Days Away: Seminar on Dyslexia Screening in UP

University of the Philippines, College of Education's Reading Education Area, and in cooperation with the Philippine Dyslexia Foundation will present a Seminar- Workshop on "Dyslexia Screening For K-3" on May 10, 2008, 8:00 A.M.– 5:00 P.M., at the Benitez Theatre, College of Education U.P. Diliman Q.C.

.......Topics/Speakers:

  • What is Dyslexia? Dina Ocampo Ph.D
  • What Do We Look Out For? Rhea Jover-Abat
  • What Do We Do in the Classroom? Hazelle Preclaro-Ongtengco M.A
REGISTRATION FEE: Php 1,000 (Inclusive of 2 snacks, lunch and handouts)
RESERVATION FEE: Php 200 (non-refundable, deductible)
For more information:
Call or text 0906-4752186 or contact us through our landline 981-8500 loc. 2815. Email at reading.diliman@gmail.com or for reservations, visit Room 200, Reading Education Area, College of Education University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City .

1 comment:

Ghotit said...

Ghotit (www.Ghotit.com) offers unique writing and reading online services for people who suffer from dyslexia, dysgraphia or people who are not native-English speakers. Ghotit’s first service is an online context sensitive spell checker.

Ghotit received great reviews from bloggers and users.

Bloggers:

http://blog.buzvia.com/site-review-ghotit-co-spell-checker-service
http://speedchange.blogspot.com/2008/02/ghotit.html


Users comments:
- My god I have been look for this for all-my life, help that understands me. I write with a dictionary and thesaurus and some times cant even find the word looking for. I could not hold back the tears from the emotion then when I worked out how helpful this spellchecker will be for me.

- i really like it and i'm so glad i found it!! it will really help with my homework etc and my teachers wont get angry at me annymore!!

- Thank you for contacting us with your product. I tinkered with the spell checker for sometime this morning, entering common mistakes that our dyslexic students (and ADD) students make in spelling. I must say that I am extremely impressed with your product and would certainly like to further evaluate it with our students over the next several weeks.

- that spell checker is SO good, its actually waaay better than microsoft because it tells you the reasen why you are usuing the correct word. i really like it, its really good!!