Monday, April 26, 2010

Poems


The first poem is the finished product of a writing exercise to practice the different poetic devices: anaphora, alliteration and rhyme.

The other three are first drafts of writings using hyperbole. They are yet to be revisited for editing.
----------------------

I. INDEPENDENCE
Life is a game of fight
Time will come that you won’t like

Mixed emotions are coming your way
Mixed reactions, you see it in the face
Mixed suggestions are trying to say
“Please give me some space”




I want to leave this space behind
I want to choose the mountain I’ll climb
I’ll decide how to live my life
I’m going to be ok, I’m sure, and I’m fine




I’ll go beyond my dreams
Dreams to help who’s in need
Dreams to wake me up from sleep
So I’ll dream, believe, and succeed
I’ll leave you with a kiss
And I’ll end my life in peace

II. HAPPINESS
I’m happy like no one can reach me from flying.
A scream of joy made my life jollier today.
I’m dead happy like my hormones want to explode.
I got high from laughter.

III. MISERY
I caught myself down in the ground flooding with tears and blood all over my body.
A guilt came into me that made me want to dig my own grave.
My laughter was turned into disaster and my smile makes me feel like it is a crime.








IV. WAKING UP FROM A GREAT DREAM
I finally found the sun in what I was not used to, a brand new experience welcome me into the jovial world never the less I did not give my heart into it, I’ll slide back down in the beginning. Now is the time for the rising sun to utter the desired dreams he always wanted.



-----------------------

Joshua is an incoming fourth-year student who is also an upcoming musician who plays the guitar, the drums, sings and writes his own music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have read our son's poems and we are very happy with the result of your dedication and patience in teaching him.Thank you.

We also wanted to thank the Lord for giving him the talents that he can use to be a successful adult.

God bless us all!!!!