Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Mummy's Gold

By Erika




The title of the story is “Mummy’s Gold” by Kate McMullan. It happened in the movie house. The characters are Jake, Henry and Max. Jake is a small boy. Henry is the big brother of Jake. Max is the friend of Henry.

The story started when they watched a movie about a mummy. The problem began when Max and Henry ran fast and left Jake. Next, Jake felt someone was following him. It was a mummy! But it was Henry. Then Jake heard the mummy wail, “I want my gold!” But it was Max. The problem was solved when he called Uncle Rob, and said, “Pls. Uncle Rob, come to the movie and dress like a mummy.” Then Henry and Max got scared of a mummy. In the end, Jake learned that the mummy was real and it was not Henry, Max or Uncle Rob.

I like the story because it is a good story but I did not feel scared of the mummy. My favorite character is Jake. I like him because he is cute and kind. I did not like Henry and Max because they are bad and they want to get the money of Jake. I think Kate McMullan is a good writer. I also liked the drawings of Jeff Spackman
.
Erika likes skating and biking. She enjoys reading funny and sometimes scary stories.
Illustration courtesy of Erika

No comments: